This article needs clean-up to meet quality standards.
Please feel free to help after consulting our Style Guide.
|Weapon, Edible, Swallowable|
|None (respawning not determined by time)|
Fire Eggs are edible weapons added in Downpour. They are obtained by hitting Firebugs with a Spear or other weapon, causing them to drop six Fire Eggs. They function both as food, and a more powerful Grenade.
Fire Eggs can be thrown with the force and speed of other non-weapon objects. They stick to any surface and enemy that they land on. They shake and grow in size for around 4 seconds and then explode, killing or stunning nearby creatures.
Compared to a Grenade, the explosion produced by Fire Eggs is much more deadly, dealing ~57 damage, and is capable of instantly killing Miros Vultures and Daddy Long Legs. It also has a larger blast radius. Unlike Spears, Fire Eggs are unable to latch onto trailing body parts such as tentacles.
Fire Eggs can trigger a chain reaction when detonated near other explosives, but do not trigger each other. Artificer is not immune to the blast.
While they can only be obtained naturally by Saint, they can also be crafted by Gourmand by combining a Grenade with a Karma Flower. The Fire Egg can then be combined with another Karma Flower or Grenade in order to make a Singularity Bomb.
- Fire Eggs stored in the Saint's stomach remain after resetting, allowing players to bring them out of Rubicon.
- According to Looks to the Moon, Fire Eggs are filled with Void Fluid.
- They constantly regenerate to counter the Void Fluid's dissolving effect, but the creation-destruction balance is fragile and destabilizes when thrown.
- Despite being functionally similar to Eggbug Eggs, they contribute to the The Monk passage rather than The Hunter. This might be because they are filled with Void Fluid.
- Fire Eggs are naturally pink, red, or orange when taken from a Firebug, but Fire Eggs crafted by Gourmand may come in a variety of colors which Firebugs cannot normally spawn as, such as blue, purple, or green.