|This article needs clean-up to meet quality standards.
Our community is working hard to rehaul this page. In the meantime, feel free to help improve what's currently written with reference to our Style Guide.
Connections (Karma requirements)
|LC (Lost City)|
Metropolis is a late-game region exclusive to the Downpour DLC, with Artificer being the only Slugcat that can access it.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Metropolis is an Ancient city built on top of Five Pebbles' superstructure. After the Ancients ascended and left the world behind, the city became abandoned and derelict, with wildlife like the Scavengers settling in it. The city entrance's Karma gate is restricted to citizens only, requiring an ID drone to enter. Because of this, the Artificer is the only Slugcat that can enter Metropolis thanks to their drone, Sofanthiel.
Overseers are very common in this region, often projecting advertisements of different products used by the Ancients.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Instead of raining, the end of a cycle transitions day into night. This changes the threat music to a different track and increases the difficulty of spawns.
Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
Subregions[edit | edit source]
Atop the Tallest Tower[edit | edit source]
A structure at the center of the Metropolis, similar to other towers seen above the clouds while climbing The Wall. This subregion is home to an Echo.
The Floor[edit | edit source]
A large slum home to lizards and scavengers.
12th Council Pillar, the House of Braids[edit | edit source]
A large complex containing grand architecture and similar technology used in Iterators, such as low gravity, Neurons, and Inspectors. Home of the Chieftain Scavenger.
Arena mode unlockables[edit | edit source]
|Objects||Electric Spear • Singularity Bomb|
|Maps||(Roof • Sky Lobby)|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although it does not rain, rainbows can still appear in the start of a cycle.
- Metropolis has the acronym LC in game files, which stands for Lost City.
- Metropolis is not completely removed outside of Artificer's campaign, and can be accessed by Monk, Survivor, and Gourmand during Expeditions. Because the player's initial spawn is random, there is a chance that they begin in Metropolis.
- There have actually been several changes to make Metropolis easier and safer to navigate as these Slugcats.
- If Metropolis is entered on any campaign other than the Artificer's, via the usage of dev tools, Scavengers and Elite Scavengers are entirely absent from the area, and only spawn in the large horizontal room adjacent to the boss room that would usually contain the Chieftain Scavenger. Notably, said Chieftain Scavenger is also absent. The Echo, however, is still present, and has the same dialogue as the Artificer's campaign, as well as granting the same benefits as a normal Echo, and counting towards both Echo-associated Passages.
- Bringing Metropolis Pearls to Looks to the Moon yields unique dialogue.
- As Looks to the Moon is not accessible in Artificer's campaign, and Metropolis' entrance is locked in other campaigns, the only way to get this dialogue is to spawn inside Metropolis in Expedition mode.
Maps[edit | edit source]
Graphical Map[edit | edit source]
Interactive Map[edit | edit source]
Interactive map ported by Dual, Original by Henpemaz.