来自Rain World Wiki
跳到导航 跳到搜索
Snail icon.png
Snail infobox img.png
Code name
Food Pips

1 Food pip.png Hunter head.png

DLC icon.png1 Food pip.png Artificer head.png

DLC icon.png0.5 Food Pip Half.png Gourmand head.pngSpearmaster head.png


Slugcat head.png: Garbage Wastes, Drainage System, Shoreline

Survivor head.pngMonk head.png: Industrial Complex

Downpour Regions

Slugcat head.png: Chimney Canopy

Artificer head.pngSpearmaster head.png: Waterfront Facility

Saint head.png: Undergrowth, Rubicon


Snails are small, neutral creatures, most often found slowly waddling around watery regions.

Appearance[编辑 | 编辑源代码]

Snails are hard-shelled animals that resemble a mixture of a snail and a turtle. Their upper bodies are black in color, and they possess a small head with two white eyes, and two stubby legs that they use to walk and climb. The rest of their body is protected by a brightly colored almond-shaped shell that they are able to retract into for self-defense. They are slightly smaller than the Slugcat head.png Slugcat.

Tips[编辑 | 编辑源代码]

Utility[编辑 | 编辑源代码]

Sending the Slugcat upwards

Snails can be held and thrown to temporarily stun any dangerous creature. This comes in handy for most medium sized predators, but is especially effective against Leeches icon.png Leeches. Chucking Snails into the many Leech-infested pools of the Drainage System Safari Icon.png Drainage System can make swimming through them much easier and safer. With a well-timed jump, the Snail's pop may also grant a good amount of vertical momentum, allowing the Slugcat head.png Slugcat to reach high places, though this use is fairly niche.

Stunning a group of Red Leeches
Due to their prevalence, portability, and repeated popping, they can be utilized as an effective distraction, as the Slugcat head.png Slugcat can simply throw one at one of the Snails' predators, causing them to either catch the Snail and retreat to their den, or sometimes even get trapped in a near endless loop of grabbing but not killing the Snail, the Snail popping, the predator getting stunned, the predator attempting to grab the snail again, and so on. This can come in handy for passing dangerous creatures such as Centipedes icon.png Centipedes and Monster Kelp icon.png Monster Kelp, who often take a long enough time to kill or eat the Snail for the Snail to pop.

Abilities & Behavior[编辑 | 编辑源代码]

Climbing up

Snails don't actively flee from or go after most creatures they encounter, often choosing to aimlessly wander around instead. While slow, they can scale background walls, which gives them a fair bit of mobility while traversing rooms.

Popping[编辑 | 编辑源代码]

Snails are capable of producing a loud pop from within their shells, creating a stunning shockwave, which can easily repel the Slugcat and any other similarly sized creatures. There are a few conditions under which Snails may pop:

  • When around other creatures - standing near one causes it to shake with increasing intensity, before eventually popping. Snails may also produce a few smaller pops beforehand, which serve as a warning. The exact speed at which a Snail pops depends on distance, being near instant if touched.
  • Shortly after being thrown.
  • Hitting a surface with enough velocity. This is especially noticeable, and most often the cause of popping, when a Snail is held by the Slugcat.
  • Getting hit with a non-lethal object, such as a piece of Rubbish icon.png Rubbish.

Dead Snails only pop when touched - once on death, and then once after every throw.

Relationships[编辑 | 编辑源代码]

Variants and Attributes[编辑 | 编辑源代码]

Snails' bodies vary in size. Their shells can take on practically any hue & lightness, giving them some of the highest color variety in the game (the colors are always highly saturated, however, meaning that greyish ones are impossible). Shells have an ~80% chance to feature a gradient, and a ~20% chance to feature one solid color.

Trivia[编辑 | 编辑源代码]

  • Snails boost certain moves, including backflips, longjumps, and walljumps, when held. This interaction is likely unintended, and simply a quirk of the physics engine.
  • A Snail's pop radius is proportional to its size.
    • Pops are considerably stronger in water - up to 5.5 times if both the Snail and the creature receiving the shock are submerged.
  • Snails can only pop if they're touching a solid surface, background walls, or water. Though unlikely to ever happen in normal gameplay, this means that a Snail may get stuck on top of a creature's corpse, incapable of popping until moved.
  • It is possible to prime a dead Snail by inputting jump while on top of it.
  • Snails were revealed in Update #20 on the Kickstarter page, and are the first backer-suggested creature.
  • DLC icon.pngSaint head.png Saint suffers seizure-like spasms for a brief moment if a Snail pops near them.