|This article needs clean-up to meet quality standards.
Our community is working hard to rehaul this page. In the meantime, feel free to help improve what's currently written with reference to our Style Guide.
Connections (Karma requirements)
| Looks to the Moon |
• The Precipice
|LM (Looks to the Moon)|
Waterfront Facility is a region exclusive to the Downpour DLC, with Spearmaster and Artificer being the only Slugcats that can access it.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Waterfront Facility is a region that corresponds to the state of Shoreline earlier within the timeline, right around Looks to the Moon's collapse. It shares many similarities in its rooms, aquatic creatures and objects, but with overall less deterioration, and far less water present in the region (there are, however some paths still inaccessible to Artificer due to her short breath timer). Most notably there is a bridge high above the water level that conveniently provides a route straight from Five Pebbles' Exterior to Looks to the Moon's own structure, with the struts (or chimneys) found in shoreline to be of greater height and abundance as they form the supports underneath a somewhat intact and still passable bridge.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
- Purple Pearl
- Magenta Pearl (Pre-Collapse)
Subregions[edit | edit source]
The Precipice[edit | edit source]
The Precipice is a subregion connecting The Exterior to Waterfront Facility. It is a bridge that connects Five Pebbles' and Looks to the Moon's cans, being a fast, albeit quite dangerous, method of travelling between major story locations, with King Vultures and Cyan Lizards being the main threats. This area includes the many support beams that rise from the surface of Waterfront Facility, with a design similar to Chimney Canopy with a series of pathways that weave through these columns and supports that allow for traversal from the surface to the main roadway of the bridge.
Variants[edit | edit source]
The Artificer and Spearmaster each have a unique variant of the region, which reflects the length of time between the events that take place within the individual journeys of each Slugcat. The bridge in both periods ultimately culminate into a series of pathways from the surface of the facility that weave through the struts and onto the road; leading to Looks to the Moon and/or to Five Pebbles Exterior.
Spearmaster[edit | edit source]
Due to Spearmaster's timeline taking place before the collapse of Looks to the Moon, the Iterators on both ends of the bridge remain connected and are accessible from within the upper reaches of Waterfront Facility. Although the bridge is still very much in a dilapidated state for Spearmaster; where crossing is made difficult through the numerous and sizeable stretches of the topside of the bridge that have since deteriorated away.
Artificer[edit | edit source]
The largest and most impactful of these changes being that the right side of the bridge is entirely missing beyond the midpoint, a major section that was presumably destroyed alongside Looks to the Moon's own collapse. While still connecting Waterfront Facility to The Exterior, the resulting wreckage of the bridge blocks any possible entrance into the collapsed can; with the connection within The Precipice and the gate to Struts no longer existing and the typical surface entrance masked by the ruins, (See: Submerged Superstructure). This makes Looks to the Moon inaccessible throughout the entire duration of the Artificer's timeline.
Arena mode unlockables[edit | edit source]
- Artificer exclusive
- Spearmaster exclusive
||Creatures||Blue Leech • Jellyfish • Leviathan|
|Maps||(Sea Spires • Substructure)|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Waterfront Facility was considered a variant of Shoreline, but during its time in development there was no way to create such a different version of a region without having to duplicate and build off of it by defining a new region. This was prior to the conditional links system that allowed the developers to create such drastic variants of a region while still keeping it defined as one region, a technology used by the regions that were later developed. This helps to explain why Waterfront Facility and the corresponding Shoreline share many of the same Arena unlock tokens. Undergrowth also shares this history of originally intended to just be a variant but ending up to be defined as its own region.
- Looks to the Moon's Yellow Overseers can be found in this area.
- The abundance of Overseers and the green sparks on some rooms implies iterator activity from Looks to the Moon.
- Waterfront Facility has the acronym LM in game files, which stands for Looks to the Moon.
Maps[edit | edit source]
Interactive Map[edit | edit source]
Interactive map ported by Dual, Original by Henpemaz.